Sunday, June 15, 2008

Coney Island

I had to go to Nathan's....I have no idea how anyone could eat 64 of those dogs in 12 minutes.


Yep, that's right. "Bump. Bump. Bump your ass off!" It's on a loop so you can hear it over, and over, and over again. They are bumper cars by the way- not an 80's dance/strip club.

Very straight forward and direct. Not afraid to tell you how they feel. Typical New York style.

The Wonder Wheel. Don't know how "thrilling" it really is.

Very colorful. Very American. Very thirsty.

4 comments:

jbkopstein said...

I think these images are really beautiful; they look unique even though Coney is so overly photographed... they have a special feeling and effect and i lovelovelove the bright colours.

Gogolab said...

I like your series of coney Island and you are totally right : it's timeless. The idea of don't taking picture of people is good. Furthermore, I like the blur aspect on the corners. And the color are incredible. They look old fashion... as the advertising. I'm a fan of this work :D

Anonymous said...

well, i've always had a soft spot for the holga. and i love this series for the sense of nostalgia it brings out. think you've got a good thing going here. /amanda

Oscar said...

I think the warm color tone and the soft lens harmonize really well in your images and create a very nice, nostalgic mood.