Monday, June 2, 2008

Harlem

These photos are from a trip up to Harlem. It was a hard day for me. I'm not very comfortable photographing people or doing street photography as it is, but it was especially hard this day. Most Harlem residents were NOT very happy that I was there and trying to take their photos without their permission. I don't think they were happy that I was there period. I was especially drawn to the run down pool in the local park. It was a perfect metaphor for Harlem. It was hard to access/enter but it had enormous potential to be beautiful and refreshing.















1 comment:

Oscar said...

Yup it was a hard day for me too. I like the photo of the swimming pool and the way it worked with Amanda's photo of the same thing. The colors are beautiful, and it could be full of kids and families.