Monday, June 2, 2008

Views of the West Village

This building's modern architecture and shiny metal caught my eye.


Florent, a West Village institution, is closing. This patron brought a very unusual dinner date.

A new perspective of an entryway.

Here I tried to show the interesting patterns of the building and roof line.

Space is a premium. Nothing is wasted.


The West Village is a mix of old and new- meatpacking warehouses and chic boutiques.


Hidden patterns and lines that I hadn't seen before.


Dogs waiting for their owners outside Pastis. I found it funny that humans were looking one way and the dogs another. What was so interesting?

3 comments:

michael said...

I really like the photo with the caption "space is premium, nothing is wasted"

I like the vertical nature of the image and the angle you shot it from. I think it further expresses the long and thin building, giving it more presence in the frame.

jbkopstein said...

Love the photo of the mother and daughter with the balloon and of course those puppies! Perfect moment... as they are looking up. Excellent.

jbkopstein said...

oooh maybe the "balloon" is a light...? i am not sure but I love its shape.