Thursday, June 19, 2008

Get Smart in Soho

Wooooohhoooooooo!!!! I got to see Anne Hathaway live and in person!!! I even got to ask her a question!?!?! It was a fun event at the Apple Store in Soho for the movie Get Smart that opens tomorrow. I waited for a few hours in the rain to be sure I'd get a seat. It was worth it!


I was the fifth person in line. As the line grew longer, more and more people stopped to ask "What are you waiting for?" So we made a sign in an attempt to curb the questions. Unfortunately, Mr. Apple Employee made us take it down.

This is Steve Carell's #1 fan Elisa. She had been to Good Morning America at 4am. Regis and Kelly at 9am. She had tickets for The Daily Show but decided to wait at the Apple store instead. She had been waiting in line since 1pm for the 9pm event. Elisa you are awesome! I'm sure that Steve Carell would appreciate your enthusiasm.

This is a very unflattering photo of Anne Hathaway. She was inside doing interviews. Alas, I had no press pass.... I don't think she saw me with my face pressed to the glass drooling like an idiot.

Anne Hathaway and her "people".

This was the line for the event.

The line wrapped around the block....

The fantastic five up front..... only one (and #1) Anne Hathaway fan.
A link to a news article about the event:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2008-06-19-getsmart-apple_N.htm

The surprise guest was Stephen Colbert from The Colbert Report. He conducted the interviews. He was so funny! He and Steve Carell had been in Second City (comedy troupe in Chicago) together and can't be serious around each other. Anne Hathaway was lovely and gracious as usual. Keep an eye out for the podcast on iTunes.

I, unfortunately, was not the photographer of the photos below. Perhaps I should make a career out of shooting celeb events?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey it's # 2, Thanks for uploading the pics. Your blog is awesome !!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome pics! I'm still in shock over last night! So AMAZING!

~Elisa (#1)

Anonymous said...

BTW, my recap is on my site. just click the name /\ p there. :)

Anonymous said...

Great recap! I'm Elisa (#1)'s friend who was there. I wish I could have been waiting in line with you guys. It seems like it was a lot of fun.

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a ton of fun! Good job getting the prime positions, #1, #2, #3, #4, and #5!